Terex Corporation Crane Service Technician - St Louis, MO in Fenton Missouri United States
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment that is focused on delivering reliable, customer driven solutions for many applications, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility and manufacturing industries. Terex reports in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, Material Handling & Port Solutions, and Materials Processing.
Services provides the most reliable crane and heavy equipment repair and maintenance services available today. From inspections and certifications to installations and upgrades, Terex Services works closely with our customers to determine the right solution for their needs. Our skilled technicians are well-versed in all major brands and can provide impartial, constructive advice. In addition to our wide range of quality services, Terex Services also offers access to a complete line of pre-engineered and custom components, accessories and parts from today’s most trusted manufacturers.
Primary responsibility is to provide quality installations, inspections, maintenance and repairs of hoist and crane equipment at on-site customer locations. Also, conducts extensive on-site electrical, mechanical and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment.
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes and hoists to verify safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead electrical cranes – Industrial Maintenance, Machine Repair, Industrial Electrician.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motor controls – 480 volt 3 phase, 120V controls, variable frequency drives, inverters).
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead material handling equipment.
- Trouble shoot and repair electrical components (deep knowledge of motor controls necessary)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding requiring repairs
- Communicate well with both the customer and the office.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 -4 years’ work experience with similar types of equipment
- Proven mechanical and electrical skills (journeyman license certification preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR requirements
- The ability to successfully pass a physical assessment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel 30%
- Basic computer skills
- Machining and welding experience
- Prior field service experience
- Occasional overtime required
- Working at heights and some heavy lifting
- Travel to and from customer sites using company vehicle which may require overnight travel periodically.
Job ID 2014-24997
# Positions 1
Posted Date 10/24/2014